Sunday, March 28, 2010

2nd annual Almost Famous Authors' Faire

I was an exhibitor at the Almost Famous Authors' Faire in Clarksville, IN which is just north of Louisville, KY. Here are some pictures:
This is legendary poet and philosopher George Lysloff and me. George is the author of several books , speaks five languages, and writes poetry in French and English.









Some of the other exhibitors












My table

























This coming week I should have a schedule of the Austin International Poetry Festival. I am also working on some more poetry on photos. I will have a number of them available for purchase at the signing in Michigan May 8th at Goldfish Tea. More on that venue later.

I like to give out recommendations and recently I have had the chance to meet some very talented poets. If you catch one of these poets on the scene be sure to pick up a copy of their works. The first is legendary George Lysloff 's "Letters to My Beloved Ghost". In the book he writes of a romantic journey, the original poems were written in French, but George translated them to English. The poems are in both languages. He writes of his romance back during occupied France in WWII, and Germany. If you are a hopeless romantic (okay I'll admit to that) this book is filled with romance, heartbreak,and stories of a war-torn continent.  The second is MW Hothi's "A Ghosts Reflection". His lyrical poetry tells a story of the struggles of life. Another legendary poet is Vlad Swirinsky's "Sitting on Concrete Ready to Saddle the Whirlwind". He also has two CDs which he performs poetry to jazz. I highly recommend them. Vlad opens a window to his life in his poetry. His gritty and often humorous poetry is filled with twists and lots of dry humor. If you enjoy dry humor, his poetry is full of it.  Vlad will be performing in April at Poet's Haven. The show will be at the Root Cafe 15118 Detroit Ave. Lakewood, OH April, 17. Vlad is a great performer so you'll want to check him out. The last one is NYC's own Puma Pearl's "Knuckle Tattoos". Puma Pearl tells the story of her life in an often dark, but is a story of survival. Puma is also a tremendous performer and she can be seen at venues across NYC. I have some others to recommend as well but in another addition.



No comments:

Post a Comment